Romantic movie is the most favourite genre worldwide. No one hates love stories. And that is the reason that we have no dearth of movies based on Love stories in Bollywood.
Here BollywoodCat enlists top 10 Bollywood Romantic Movies from the year 2000-2017.
- DEVDAS:- Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s take on the iconic story of Devdas was a masterpiece. This is one of the best films ever made in the Industry. Shah Rukh Khan as Devdas was the best thing that could have happened to the project. His performance in the movie is his career’s best and Aishwarya Rai as Paro did an exceptional Job.
- VEER-ZAARA: – Shah Rukh Khan is often addressed as the king of romance and this movie proves it. This movie is something which is not often made in Bollywood. Yash Chopra directed this film and it was one of his best works. Everything from the story to the performances was outstanding. The Epic love story of Veer and Zaara will always be remembered.
- BARFI: – This movie had a unique love story. The love story of two disable characters was extremely interesting to watch. The story is simple, but the way it is portrayed takes it to a different level. Ranbir Kapoor and Priyanka Chopra have given the performance of a lifetime in the movie.
- THE LUNCHBOX:- The extremely different and real film, The Lunchbox was way ahead of its time. When you have actors like Irrfan Khan, Nimrat Kaur and Nawazuddin Siddiqui; you just cannot go wrong. There was no face to face interaction between the protagonists in the movie; their love starts with a lunchbox, yet it leaves a deep impact.
- ROCKSTAR: – No one could have portrayed the character of Jordan as brilliantly as Ranbir. It was a story of a musician who falls in love and gets obsessed with her. It was truly a heartwarming movie and youngsters loved it.
- TERE NAAM: – Salman Khan shocked the world by his performance in this movie. It’s hard to believe Salman Khan crying on-screen, but when he did here, it was hard to see. He came with a new face of Bhumika Chawla in this movie, which worked for him.Every time Salman get hurt in this film, you feel for him. Here he proved that he is not in the Bollywood to do action films only.
- RAANJHANAA: – The childhood love that the girl tends to overcome but the boy can’t and eventually goes on to ruin all his life after her. The movie sets in the beautiful location of Banaras, and the story completely justifies to the location. Dhanush made his debut with the movie in Bollywood and was loved for his portrayal of a Lover.
- REHNA HAI TERE DIL MEIN: – With fresh faces, Gautham Menon came with RHTDM, and it was amazing. R. Madhavan and Dia Mirza made their promising debut with this film. The story was simple Madhavan loved Dia and impersonate as his fiancée to get closer to her, but it worked because of the portrayal of the characters. The romantic songs of the movie were equally loved and still rule the playlists.
- LOVE AAJ KAL: – This movie was appreciated all over the country, Saif Ali Khan and Deepika Padukone came together for the first time and became one of the favourite jodis in Bollywood for quite some time. This movie was relatable to the youngsters. Imtiaz Ali showed the story in a unique way which was loved by everyone. He took two stories of didifferent generations and intertwine them together.
- 2 STATES: – The cinematic adaptation of Chetan Bhagat’s novel, 2 States was a well-told story. Yes, it had some dramatic sequences but the story was extremely impressive. The new on-screen pair of Arjun Kapoor and Alia Bhatt was a surprise package. The movie told the story on what happens if two different individuals from different cities different culture and different background fall in love.