Bollywood has given us some incredible Gangster films lately and it has been one of the most anticipated genres to watch. A lot of movies on underworld are made in last two decades, some of them directly inspired by the real characters and some of them are complete fiction. But what’s the point here is, we are always thrilled to watch these types of movies.
Here is BollywoodCat with the top 10 list of Gangster films you should watch right now.
- GANGS OF WASSEYPUR: – The extremely real and dark film ‘Gangs Of Wasseypur’ was released on 2012 and is directed by Anurag Kashyap. And we can say that ‘Gangs Of Wasseypur’ is by far the best Gangster film ever made in Bollywood. The film shows the story of blood rivals which continued for three generations. The movie was released in two parts as it was a long film over 5 hours and every bit of it is entertaining.
- VAASTAV: THE REALITY: – This movie was a masterpiece, we can’t deny that. Sanjay Dutt gave his careers by far best performance in this movie. It tells the story of young man who accidentally becomes a don thanks to a few power hungry people but eventually, enjoys it.
- COMPANY: – After giving masterpiece like Satya, Ram Gopal Verma came up with this movie. Ajay Devgn and Vivek Oberoi starrer ‘Company’ was an extremely dark film. The movie was a take on Mumbai’s underworld. Vivek Oberoi made a stunning debut in the Industry with this movie. The fast-paced movie builds up the tension throughout its duration and ventures interestingly into how gangs work.
- ONCE UPON A TIME IN MUMBAI: – This is an extremely ambitious gangster film directed by Milan Luthria. The movie was the take on the relationship between Haji Mastan and Dawood Ibrahim and it was entertaining. Ajay Devgn was awesome in this movie but this was a complete Emraan Hashmi film.
- MAQBOOL: – Vishal Bhardwaj’s take on Shakespeare’s ‘Macbeth’ was very impressive. Actually, it shocked the world. The to the point story perfectly complemented by the Irrfan Khan, Tabu, Pankaj Kapoor and Naseeruddin Shah. It is a pleasure to witness this film.
- SARKAR: – The second movie of Ram Gopal Verma in the list, Sarkar starring Amitabh Bachchan in the lead role gives us a glimpse of Godfather, which is said to be the best film ever made. There was nothing that great in the story but the direction made this awesome. Actors like Kay Kay Menon and Zakir Hussain stole the show.
- GULAAL: – This movie was very different than other Gangster movies. This shows the gang war of Rajasthan and Anurag Kashyap completely nailed it with his direction. There’s a lot in the movie. It shows how love can make you do horrible things and what the Rajaputanas faced after democracy was implemented in our country.
- SHOOTOUT AT LOKHANDWALA: – This movie was a cinematic brilliance. Apoorva Lakhia does a brilliant job in showing the story of five wannabe gangsters. It is based on a real shootout of 1991 when he was gunned down by the cops. Vivek Oberoi here gives his best performance.
- D-DAY: – The unexpected masterpiece, ‘D-Day’ came in 2013 and impressed everyone. Rishi Kapoor’s portrayal of Dawood Ibrahim was the best portrayal of that character. The raw agents played by Irrfan Khan and Arjun Rampal was the best combination. The movie tells the story of bringing back India’s most wanted don.
- OMKARA: – Second mention of Vishal Bhardwaj’s film and third of Ajay Devgn. Ajay Devgn has done some awesome films and ‘Omkara’ is certainly one of them. The cinematic adaptation of Shakespeare’s Othello, Omkara is certainly one of the films to talk about. This movie has everything, it has love, thrill and it has crime. This film is a must watch.
You may also like:-